The Handgun Safety and Usage Course encompasses the NRA Basic Course plus a comprehensive legal review. You will learn the skills necessary to properly handle a revolver or semi-automatic pistol, and the capabilities and practical uses of a handgun.
The hands-on training portion of this class will include proper stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control. This course includes the requirements for the Florida Concealed Carry license.
The Handgun Usage Training Course will provide:
- Knowledge about safe handing, storage, and general firearms safety
- Florida State Statute 790 and Use of Force Statute 776
- NRA Basic Pistol Course
- Techniques to fine tune your skills and.or learn new skills
- Handgun malfunction drills
- Proper weapons handling and deployment
- Firearms maintenance and concealed carry techniques
- Ammunition for this course will be provided by CPTS
**The Handgun Safety and Usage Course will take approximately 8 hours to complete**
- Protective eyewear and hearing protection (CPTS can provide)
- Bring 100 rounds of ammunition IF you bring your own firearm
- Bringing the firearm you will be using to protect yourself is always recommended. Personal firearm will be inspected for safety and functionality by CPTS firearms instructors. Firearms and holsters found to be un-serviceable will not be allowed on the firing line.
- Holsters and magazine pouch will be provided for CPTS
- If you bring your own holster it can be a paddle or belt holster that permits you to safely draw and re-holster your weapon without removing the holster
- Handgun should have three or more magazines (speed loaders for revolvers)
- Closed toe shoes required
- Long pants and a belt for your pants (to properly wear your holster)
- Hat and sunscreen recommended
**Rental of CPTS Glock 19 handgun is always available for $15**