Intermediate Handgun Course
The Intermediate Handgun Course builds on the skills learned in the basic course. Focus will be placed on deploying your handgun quickly and tactically. Your skills will be sharpened while you learn how to tactically shoot one-handed and use cover. You will be introduced to shooting under stress in order to simulate an aggressive encounter.
The prerequisite requirement for this course is prior attendance in a handgun safety course and possessing basic handgun skills (reloading and malfunction response). Come receive training from instructors that have honed their skills through real world application.
The Intermediate Handgun Course will provide:
- Quick review of the basics
- Tactical weapon drawing techniques
- Quick reload and tactical reload techniques
- Tactical shooting with one hand (both hands)
- Moving and then shooting
- Use of cover
- Certificate of completion
**The Intermediate Handgun Course will take approximately 8 hours to complete**
- Protective eyewear and hearing protection (CPTS can provide)
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Serviceable firearm which will be inspected for safety and functionality by CPTS firearms instructors. Firearms and holsters found to be un-serviceable will not be allowed on the firing line.
- Holster can be a paddle, belt, or an IWB holster if it permits you to safely draw and re-holster your weapon without removing the holster
- Magazine pouch
- Using your personal firearm is recommended, but you may use ours
- Handgun should have three or more magazines (speed loaders for revolvers)
- Closed toe shoes required
- Long pants or knee pads and belt for your pants (to properly wear your holster)
- Hat and sunscreen recommended