The NRA Basic Shotgun Shooters Course covers the proper handling and deployment of the shotgun. You will learn all the basic concepts required to successfully put the shotgun into action. The hands-on training portion of this class will include proper stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control.
The NRA Basic Shotgun Shooters Course will provide:
- Knowledge about safe handling, storage, and general firearms safety
- Shotgun maintenance
- Shooting fundamentals and shotgun operation
- Proper use and handling
- Proper stance and shooting positions
- Certificate of Completion
**The NRA Basic Shotgun Shooters Course will take approximately 8 hours to complete**
- Protective eyewear and hearing protection (CPTS can provide)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Serviceable shotgun which will be inspected for safety and functionality by CPTS firearms instructors. Rifles found to be un-serviceable will not be allowed on the firing line.
- Closed toe shoes and long pants required
- Hat and sunscreen recommended