Florida Class “G” License Re-qualification Course
The State of Florida requires that all Florida License “G” Armed Security Officers qualify at least once per year with the type of handgun that they carry on duty. Students that successfully qualify will be given proof of re-qualification to provide the Department of Agriculture in order to maintain their Class “G” license.
Handguns must be brought to the range unloaded and encased. All student weapons will be subjected to a safety inspection prior to live fire.
The Armed Security Officer – Florida Re-qualification Course will take approximately 4 hours to complete.
Florida Class “G” License Re-qualification Course will provide:
- Review of all required Florida laws
- Review of shooting fundamentals
- Firearms Qualification Course
- Certificate of Completion
- Protective eyewear and hearing protection (CPTS can provide)
- .38 or .357 revolver or 9mm semi-automatic handgun
- Firearm must be serviceable and will be inspected for safety and functionality by CPTS firearms instructors. Firearms and holsters found to be un-serviceable will not be allowed on the firing line.
- Holster can be a paddle or belt and must have a retention system (strap, cover, or lever)
- Two speed loaders for revolver or three magazines for 9mm semi-automatic handgun
- Magazine pouch for speed loaders or magazines
- Using your personal firearm is recommended, but not required
- Student will provide 150 rounds of ammunition for this course