Florida Class “G” License
The Florida Class “G” License is the required firearms licensing course you must complete to work as an Armed Security Officer. To apply for the Florida Class “G” License Armed Security Officer Course, you must already have the Florida Security “D” License. Get your Firearms License with CPTS today and become an Armed Security Officer in only 3 days.
The Florida Class “G” License course will take 28 hours to complete. This course will consist of two 9 hour days and one 10 hour day.
Handguns must be brought to the range unloaded and encased. All student weapons will be subjected to a safety inspection prior to live fire.
The Florida Class “G” License Course Will Provide:
- Review of all the required Florida laws
- Review of shooting fundamentals
- Firearms Qualification Course
- Ammunition for this course is included
- Certificate of Completion
- Protective eyewear and hearing protection (CPTS can provide)
- .38 or .357 revolver or 9mm semi-automatic handgun
- Firearm must be serviceable and will be inspected for safety and functionality by CPTS firearms instructors. Firearms and holsters found to be un-serviceable will not be allowed on the firing line.
- Holster can be a paddle or belt and must have a retention system (strap, cover, or lever)
- Two speed loaders for revolver or three magazines for 9mm semi-automatic handgun
- Magazine pouch for speed loaders or magazines
- Using your personal firearm is recommended, but not required
- Closed toe shoes required
- Long pants or knee pads and belt for your pants (to properly wear your holster)
- Hat and sunscreen recommended
**Qualifying with second weapon system — $75**