HR 218 Retired LEO Firearms Course
CPTS is pleased to offer firearms qualifications for retired law enforcement officers. Retired law enforcement officers that have relocated to North Florida are provided the opportunity to conduct the HR 218 firearms qualification course. Retired federal law enforcement members who meet the HR 218 requirement can also qualify.
Our instructors are professional, certified instructors that will assist you through the qualification process. You are required to bring your own ammunition or you can purchase it from us. The course provides you the range time and targets required to qualify once and conduct one re-shoot, if necessary.
**The HR218 Course will take approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete**
Retired LEO who participate must adhere to the following requirements:
- Quick review of the basics
- Photo identification issued by the agency that you retired from as a law enforcement officer
- Adhere to all range rules and policies during qualification
- Meet the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC) Firearms Qualification Standard For Active Law Enforcement Officers
- Serviceable firearm and holster, which will be inspected for safety and functionality by CPTS firearms instructors. Firearms and holsters found to be un-serviceable will not be allowed on the firing line.
- Holster can be a paddle, belt or an IWB holster if it permits you to safely draw and re-holster your weapon without removing the holster
- Provide a minimum of 40 rounds of factory ammunition. 80 rounds is recommended in case a passing score is not attained on the first attempt.
- The second qualifier may also be used to qualify with a different firearm
- Protective eyewear and hearing protection
- Holster: paddle, belt, or IWB
- 40 or 80 rounds of ammunition (40 rounds per additional handgun)
- Magazine pouch is recommended
- Using your personal firearm is recommended, but not required
- Handgun should have two or more magazines (speed loaders for revolvers)
- Closed toe shoes required
- Long pant or knee pads and belt for your pants (to properly wear your holster)
- Hat and sunscreen recommended